PILATESTaught in a small group setting by a trained physical therapist.
We are excited to offer small group pilates (4 or 5 people to a class) with a trained instructor who guides the group through pilates exercises, offering guidance and correction to ensure proper form. The classes are based on the APPI approach which is specifically designed for the rehabilitation setting. The physical therapist provides modifications or slight variations in technique to fit individual needs.
There are several benefits from pilates exercises including increases in strength, mobility and alignment. Whether you are looking for exercise benefits or injury recovery, these classes work across fitness levels.
If interested in a a full 30 minute Pilates exercise routine as designed by our very own Patty Magill PT, CPT, CPI, CES, please check out this video.
Who would benefit from Pilates at Rebound?
- Anyone interested in taking Pilates for the first time
- A great way to transition back to exercise, post injury, following a course of PT, or anytime!
- If you’re looking for small group instruction
What can Pilates do for you?
- Help you build a strong core which is the basis for all exercise and pain free function
- To increase core, hip, back and shoulder girdle strength and stability
- To improve mobility and alignment
- To tone and tighten
- It can help prevent injury or assist in recovery from certain injuries
What we offer?
- Six class sessions, once per week
- Drop-ins dependent on availability
- Offered throughout the year
- 8- 8:55 am on Tuesdays, 9:30- 10:25 am on Wednesdays
- Introductory Class for first time clients
- Beginner Class for those ready to advance to the next level
Michelle and Suzanne are our lead instructors and have completed level 1 of the APPI mat work Pilates training series. The APPI curriculum is designed by Physiotherapists specifically for those working in the field of rehabilitation, pathology, normal movement patterns, neuro-muscular timing and neural pathomechanics. This specific training is the foundation for our introductory course that teaches the basics of engaging your core.